Aspen Grove – an exciting development opportunity in Rossland, British Columbia! With the offered property comes the zoning approvals, the site engineering, net-zero building plans, domain name and website – everything you need to begin to break ground on this turn-key project, only subject to completion of construction drawings and obtaining a building permit.
The Aspen Grove development is located just over a kilometer east of downtown Rossland. Rossland is a quaint, beautiful mountain-town, tucked high in the Monashee Mountains in beautiful British Columbia.
Nestled in a crater of an ancient volcano, this historic alpine city is one of Canada’s highest, providing world-class powder skiing with an annual snowfall of over seven metres. Though best known as a winter paradise, in the other three seasons, the surrounding mountains and valleys offer hundreds of kilometers of trails for both mountain bike, berry picking and hiking adventures – all accessible from Aspen Grove. The climate is gentle and idyllic: mild winters, little wind and over 2000 hours of sunshine annually.
Rossland defines the Kootenay lifestyle: It truly is the best place to live, work and play. Rest, recreate, retire!
Aspen Grove – an opportunity to develop 18 homes set on one and half acres with three and a half acres as designated park just below. The 5 contemporary buildings house two- or three-bedroom suites each with two and a half bathrooms, around 1600 ft² of interior living space and generous exterior sun decks.
The suites are a combination of two-level units and single-level condos, intelligently designed for privacy and convenience. Ample outdoor space provides for residents to create a community garden and other shared outdoor spaces to foster community. The site is pedestrian orientated with barrier free design and discrete parking complete with a ground level secure storage – perfect for housing your gear to enjoy the mountains with.
View the development website at https://aspengrove.ca
- Thoughtful and inventive design using natural light by Studio 9 Architecture, Nelson BC.
- Inclusion of mud rooms, lockable storage and additional parking after interviewing Rossland locals.
- Clever use of space to provide European-style organization.
- Well-insulated, well-sealed homes built following the BC Energy Step Building code – as envisioned the project will reach Step 4 of the Part 3 Code – the top level.
- Triple glazed, high performance windows and doors.
- Covered parking with each unit, guest parking.
- Over 100 ft² of vehicle accessible storage for each unit to house sporting goods.
- Restored natural landscape with native species and three and a half acres dedicated to park.
- Community garden and meeting space.
- Net-zero ready with addition of solar photovoltaic optional and Electric Vehicle Plug-Ins.
- Carbon free heating and cooling using a heat pump and Energy Recovery Ventilator (ERV) systems that give top energy performance as well as clean and healthy air.
- Sourced local materials including green roof and high performance finish of fire retardant materials.
- Compact shape, form and size to improve thermal performance and provide less opportunities for heat loss through building envelope or exterior.
- High R-Values for highly efficient homes to improve occupant comfort by keeping building interiors warmer in winter and cooler in summer.