Buyer’s Representation is Important!
It is important to know that, when you purchase a property directly from a developer’s sales team, you do so with no representation to guide you through the transaction. The developer’s sales team only acts in the developer’s interest leaving you to navigate through the contract language, data and transaction by yourself. You are highly advised to seek your own representation from a licensed REALTOR®, at no cost to you, who will represent YOUR interests.
Your REALTOR® will be paid from the developer, meaning that having your own representation doesn’t cost you anything. Its free to you – you have everything to gain and nothing to lose!
When you use a REALTOR® from Mountain Town Properties, here is what you gain:
- We are the local experts in the Rossland and Greater Trail area, we can give you the comparables for new and re-sale properties on the market.
- We offer both long and short term Property Management to owners in Rossland , we have the rental statistics to help you make informed decisions.
- We offer Real Estate representation services when purchasing property from the developer, at no cost to you.
A REALTOR’s® Fiduciary Duties
The REALTOR® representing you has special legal duties to you, including:
- Loyalty. They will act only in your best interests.
- Full disclosure. They must tell you everything they know that might influence your decision in a transaction.
- Avoid conflicts of interest. They must avoid any situation that would affect their duty to act in your best interests.
- Confidentiality. They must not reveal your private information without your permission, even after your relationship ends. That includes:
- your reasons for buying, selling or leasing
- your minimum/maximum price
- any preferred terms and conditions you may want to include in a contract
One of the legal requirements or obligations that a REALTOR® has is to present and discuss the PDF document “Your Relationship with a Real Estate Professional” (see link below) to all potential clients. This document explains the different relationships you can have with a real estate professional to buy, sell or lease property.
Remember, even if you have already pre-registered your interest in a developer’s project, you can still have a REALTOR® represent you. Give us a call today!